Its going to be a very simple and basic blog where i will show you how you can count number of related records for e.g.
- number of cases related to account/contact
- number of opportunities related to account/contact
- number of active quotes for a contact
this list can go one. In short wherever you have 1:N relationship ; you should be able to perform this operation. it will show something like below :
- To do this create a field on parent record – select the name and select the data type as “whole number” and field type as “RollUp” :
- after doing this as soon as you click on “edit” – it saves the field and give you an editor , just like a business rule select the cases(customer) as a related entity.
- you can define condition below that for e.g where status of the case = active or where cases owner is a particular user.
- finally in the Aggregation select “COUNT” and in the next field it will show you just one option as case.
- finally save the editor and put this field on the form. When you open the form after the publishing all customization , you might see this as 0 at first place its because rollup fields are nothing but system jobs in the background which runs at particular time ( 12 hours to be specific) but you can always force it by clicking to that refresh button in the field :
once all done you will have this field showing you the related records count.
i hope this helps!