Recently while enabling a user in my Dynamics CRM 2016 OnPremise I got below error :
The error clearly tells me that there is definitely something wrong with the user setup on Active Directory. After digging in further this is what i understood as what exactly might happened with this user :
- User was added to AD
- User was added to CRM
- User was disabled in CRM
- User was deleted from AD
- User was again created in AD
Now in CRM whenever you create a user (applicable to AD authentication) it stored an object GUID of the AD account with the database column as ActiveDirectoryGuid in systemuser table.
final Conlusision : so now when you try to enable the user again – CRM try to get this object GUID from AD but it will not find it, hence will give you this error.
- Get the new GUID from Active directory and update it in CRM database[ systemuserbase table and ActiveDirectoryGuid column] – Have not tried it personally.
- Create a new user account in CRM for this user – it will allow you since there would be no GUID conflicting. [you might get error as duplicate record exist – you can try to put some addition middle name of character in the full name ]
What I did:
i have in this scenario used the second approach as the user was fairly new and there was not much dependency with the record.
However if a user very old and have a lot records in CRM – you will have no choice but to go for the first step.
Hope this helps!
I think you have noted some very interesting points, thanks for the post.