In this blog i am going to discuss about “Image” type attribute/field in CRM and how this can be used to enable image for an entity on the form like below:
Lets see how we can achieve this:
- Navigate to Customization>Customize the system>Entities & navigate to the entity for which you want to enable image> go to fields > create a new field as below:
Give it a name and select Datatype as image – as soon as you select datatype , you will notice that Schema of the field is set to “entityimage”. Save & close
- Now 2nd step is to navigate to entity definition as below:In the property ” Primary Image” – you will see the name has come , if not select it from the dropdown.
- Final Step is to make form changes, navigate to the form and open form editor and click on “form properties” , select the below option:
- Lastly save and close the form and publish all customizations. Navigate to the entity record , you will notice an image icon is now appearing on the form.
- click on the image and browse the image you want to set:
- After Selecting the Image click okay and you will see image is appearing now:
I hope this helps!