Following checklist should be completed in order to completely remove the all the dependency before exporting the solution and importing to your target environment.
- Make sure all relationships are removed ( i.e navigation from left hand side on form editor)
- Any Lookup field from that custom entity is removed
- The most important and neglected one and for which I find people scratching their heads is when this lookup is removed from the form and even entity is deleted. Still Get dependency error something like below:
Resolution: The lookup field was being referenced on another lookup which was acting as a “Dependent Lookup”. hence this entity was showing as system form dependency. So i went to other lookup field —> changed properties and unchecked the option “Show related records”.You can also try to remove that field –> Publish —> add again —-publish.
Hope this helps!