This is the 4th blog of this series, before this I have created a blog on the topic “configure products and services pricing”
from Module 1 which you can check here : MB2-877 MICROSOFT DYNAMICS 365 FOR FIELDSERVICE MODULE 1 TOPIC – CONFIGURE PRODUCT AND SERVICE PRICING
In this blog we will cover up the topic from the module 1 “Configure bookable resources
- Identify Fields for bookable resources Let’s understand what is a bookable resource, well, a bookable resource in Field Service is anything that you’re going to need to carry out a work order. Now, it could be a user, so an employee of your organization that is actually going to go out in the field and work through something. And it doesn’t necessarily have be a person it could be anything in field service. To create a bookable resource ,from your field service >click on “Resource Scheduling” and then on “Resources”:
- below the are main fields that needs defining when creating a bookable resource:
Resource Type – Can be of type User or Contact or Account etc.
Skills & Certifications – Resource Skills and achievements
Roles & Categories – Resource’s Roles
Working Schedule – Resource’s work routine i,e start & end time.
Hourly Rate – Resource’s Charges.
Location Information – Work start and end location.
Schedule Board Display Options – Yes/No
Territory Information – Territory a resource belongs to.
- you will have to complete all this information here on the different tabs available below such as “project service”, “field service” & Scheduling:
- Enable mapping functionality
You can enable mapping functionality which is a concept of geo location, making sure that, when a work order is created, that we understand the exact physical location of where that work order is to be executed from a service technician perspective. By default this is Disabled in field service + Project Automation.
- To Enable go to from Field Service > Resource Scheduling > Administration and click on Scheduling Parameters:
- Change “Connect to Maps” field to “Yes”. Once you do that you will be presented with a warning popup. Click okay and the mapping functionality will be enabled.
- Identify entities that are geocoded
Out of the box, accounts and work orders are all geo located to ensure that they are physically tied to an actual, mappable address that can be used through like Bing Maps or Google Maps or something similar to that functionality.
- To see this open an account and from ribbon navigation click on “Geo Code“:
- It will then actually try to map the address given on this account to an actual physical address on the map and give you suggestion. select and click okay and save the account.
- Define start and end location for resources & Identify differences between address types
A resources might physically start their day at the office. So it might be a situation where the technician’s going to come into your office. Once they come into your office, they’re going to get the all the accessories they need for that particular day, their stack of work orders, and then they’re going to head off into the office. So with the option of start and end location you will be able to map your routing information based upon where they start their day. So if they start their day at the office, you know that that’s how you want to work through it. The other option could be that they’re starting their day from their physical resource address.
- To define this – follow step 1 given above for creating a bookable resource and go to “Scheduling” tab:
you get couple of option which means as below:
- a. Resource start and end locations are used to help plot a resource’s daily route
- b. Start and end locations can be defined as:
- Location Agnostic: Does not have a defined address
- Resource Address: Uses the address defined for the resource
- Organizational Unit Address: Uses the address defined on the resources organizational unit
- c. Address play a direct role in whether a resource is suggested for a Work Order in the Schedule Assistant
- So, this is it – i will see you in the next blog.