- Identify Fields for bookable resources Let’s understand what is a bookable resource, well, a bookable resource in Field Service is anything that you’re going to need to carry out a work order. Now, it could be a user, so an employee of your organization that is actually going to go out in the field and work through something. And it doesn’t necessarily have be a person it could be anything in field service. To create a bookable resource ,from your field service >click on “Resource Scheduling” and then on “Resources”:
- below the are main fields that needs defining when creating a bookable resource: Resource Type – Can be of type User or Contact or Account etc. Skills & Certifications – Resource Skills and achievements Roles & Categories – Resource’s Roles Working Schedule – Resource’s work routine i,e start & end time. Hourly Rate – Resource’s Charges. Location Information – Work start and end location. Schedule Board Display Options – Yes/No Territory Information – Territory a resource belongs to.
- you will have to complete all this information here on the different tabs available below such as “project service”, “field service” & Scheduling:
- Enable mapping functionality You can enable mapping functionality which is a concept of geo location, making sure that, when a work order is created, that we understand the exact physical location of where that work order is to be executed from a service technician perspective. By default this is Disabled in field service + Project Automation.
- To Enable go to from Field Service > Resource Scheduling > Administration and click on Scheduling Parameters:
- Change “Connect to Maps” field to “Yes”. Once you do that you will be presented with a warning popup. Click okay and the mapping functionality will be enabled.
- Identify entities that are geocoded Out of the box, accounts and work orders are all geo located to ensure that they are physically tied to an actual, mappable address that can be used through like Bing Maps or Google Maps or something similar to that functionality.
- To see this open an account and from ribbon navigation click on “Geo Code“:
- It will then actually try to map the address given on this account to an actual physical address on the map and give you suggestion. select and click okay and save the account.
- Define start and end location for resources & Identify differences between address types A resources might physically start their day at the office. So it might be a situation where the technician’s going to come into your office. Once they come into your office, they’re going to get the all the accessories they need for that particular day, their stack of work orders, and then they’re going to head off into the office. So with the option of start and end location you will be able to map your routing information based upon where they start their day. So if they start their day at the office, you know that that’s how you want to work through it. The other option could be that they’re starting their day from their physical resource address.
- To define this – follow step 1 given above for creating a bookable resource and go to “Scheduling” tab:
- you get couple of option which means as below:
- a. Resource start and end locations are used to help plot a resource’s daily route
- b. Start and end locations can be defined as:
- Location Agnostic: Does not have a defined address
- Resource Address: Uses the address defined for the resource
- Organizational Unit Address: Uses the address defined on the resources organizational unit
- c. Address play a direct role in whether a resource is suggested for a Work Order in the Schedule Assistant
- So, this is it – i will see you in the next blog.
This is the 3rd blog of this series, before this I have created a blog on the first topic “Perform initial configuration steps” from Module 1 which you can check here : MB2-877 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service Module 1 Topic – Perform initial configuration steps
In this blog we will cover up the second Topic from the module 1 “Configure product and service pricing“
NOTE : Before we start the module I would strongly suggest you to understand product catalogue in dynamics crm as we will be using price lists, products, unit groups etc alot : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/sales-enterprise/set-up-product-catalog-walkthrough and if you have the knowledge already lets begin:
- Configure product and service pricing features including minimum charge amount, minimum charge duration, and the flat fee option
You can add default “Standard” Price List to your Product in field service, however when you think about “Service” you might want to handle its price list slightly different. In Field service to accomplish this “Field Service Price List” has been added to dynamics CRM:
Once you have configured a price list , you then navigate to “Related” option and click on “Field Service Price List Items”.
( Note that My field service is in Unified Interface so don’t get confused, I am intentionally using field service application – Once you have created a dynamics CRM trial for yourself which should include field service module too, you will see the field service app which you can access :
So, Once your default price list – navigate to the related Field service price list and click on “Add new field service price list”
If you see above I have set Flat Fee, Min Charge Amount & Minimum Charge Duration. Let’s understand what these options are:
Flat Fee – If enabled then the pricing of this item will be not be multiplied by the quantity and also Let’s you decide if a fixed fee for this service applies.
Minimum Charge Duration– If this field has a value , The Min charge will first apply to the minimum duration and beyond the min duration the standard charges will apply in short it will make some amount of time service free.
Minimum Charge Amount – As name suggest these are minimum charges for this service which correlates to the min charge duration.
lets do some math, assume my training per hour charge is 20,000 INR.
now if I apply above field service price list. The requirement is for 5 hours of training. then the math goes like this:
Minimum Charge Duration defined by me is 1 hour. The requirement is 5 hour which means the bill will be for 4 hour which is 4*20,000= 80,000 INR then on this my minimum charge amount will be added which is 10,000 INR. So the final bill will be 90,000 INR.
- Add Products & Services to Incidents
To this, simply navigate to Field service > Incident Type and add incident type. Once you do that; Now When you creating a work order and select incident there – it creates an incident for you which will have the product or service associated. so on a work order you can add product or services via incident.
- Determine when a Product has default Price List and a work order price list.
Here are some quick points to cover up this topic. As we know Price List can be associated to following entities:
- Work Order
- product or service
There there can be a clash in which price list to be used when they combine such as what if work order has a price list & also associated product has a price list too, in that scenario we’ll consider below:a. The Work Order Price List is used if a product has a different default price list than the Work Order
b. The price of the product will come from the list price on the product if an Item is not on the Work Order Price List
- Associate Products & Services to Price Lists.
Its Quiet easy and straight forward to associated a product or service to a price list. To do this go from Field service navigation > Field service navigation then click on an existing price list or create new as needed.
Open an existing price list or create new one and click on “Price List Items” & click on “+Add New Price List Item”:
Add the Product to it in my case I have added as “Exam preparation” and its Unit in “Hour” which is all defined on the product level and click on Save and Close.
- Define tax code.
You can define tax code within your dynamics CRM field service. Remember you can have different scenarios/requirement to have different – different tax codes.
To define a tax code, click on the dynamics 365 navigation from within field service app and click on field service setting and then on “Tax Codes“:
Click on “Add new tax code”:
Few important points on Tax Codes:
a. Used to define how tax on Work Order charged
b. Tax options for products,
agreements, and services
c. Can be individually defined
for each taxable item
d. A tax code can contain
multiple child tax codes and hence the total tax is defined by the sum of all the children.
Before this blog – I have provided an overview about this exam which you can see here: MB2-877 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service Exam Overview
In this blog we will be focusing on the module 1 “Set up and configure Field Service” and first topic “Perform initial configuration steps”:
- Identify key security roles.
A user in Field Service is a member of your organization who will use a Field Service license. Security roles define which entities a user can view as well as how they can interact with those entities. Field security profiles define which fields a user can see. As an example, a user may have permission to see accounts but not to see specific fields for an account. Field Service comes with four predefined security roles and field security profiles:
- Field Service Administrator: Generally assigned to key people within the organization who need access to the Administration tile. Global access to all Field Service entities.
- Field Service Dispatcher: Generally people in the organization who are responsible for scheduling and need to manage resources and work orders.
- Field Service Resource: Generally people within the organization who will access Field Service from a mobile device.
- Field Service Inventory Purchase: Generally people within the organization who are responsible for inventory, purchase orders, RMAs, and RTVs.
- Field Service App Access: these would be the people who really only need to have access to the Field Service mobile application. So they don’t necessarily need the full gamut of functionality from a resource standpoint, but they do need to be able to login to the application, see what work orders have been assigned to them, and carry out some basic day-to-day functionality.
Identify resource scheduling options.
Resource Scheduling is all about understanding who and what resources you have available to be able to work through these different projects or service tickets that need to be done. So as part of the resource scheduling scenario, this gives you kind of a one-stop shop or a single point of contact to be able to go out and manage some of the different shared scheduling components in the application.
This can be divided into 3 categories:
In short to understand this, You define resources , resource roles & skills etc and then you can schedule work orders using the Schedule Board. Also you have some Settings that you can do for example setting up Orgnizational Units i,e you may have services that you provide over different countries so you can create different organizational units such as one for India, One for UK etc.
Identify entities that can be customized with administrative settings.
This allows an administrator to customise entities as per business field service requirement. Below entities can be included in this process :
- Postal Codes
- Bookable Resources
- Price Lists
- Time Groups
- Payment Terms
- Incident Types
- Tax Codes
- Booking Statuses
- Service Task Types
- Booking Rules
- Identify Product & Services Categories. Before Understand the Product Categories, lets understand what is a Product and a Service.
- Products are anything the company sells
- Services are products that are designated as a service the company provides
- Can be added manually to a Work Order when created
- Can be added automatically to a Work Order from an associated Incident Type
- May be marked as “used” billed to a client or left as “estimated” on a Work OrderField Service related products can be defined as any of the following:
- Inventory: Products sold and deducted from inventory
- Non-Inventory: Products sold but not tracked in inventory
- Services: Sold on time and materials basis & Price and costs are hourly rates
Duration of Service:
- Manually Entered on mobile by field agent
- Derived from elapsed time between work order schedule statuses
In the next blog, we will go through the topic 2 from module 1 – Configure product and service pricing
I have been planning for this certification since quiet a while now. I am very much attracted towards the field service addition to dynamics CRM hence I decided to finally schedule the exam.
So will be preparing for this exam for next couple of weeks & as I go, I will be creating blogs on my study for this exam. I will try to put as much as details and explanation to understand the concepts.
The blog series will be fully aligned with the exam pattern given on the Microsoft learning page:
Visit this page here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-mb2-877.aspx & familiarize yourself with this exam.
What will you get out of this exam?
Well, I should have wrote this question in the beginning of this blog but it is not too late to talk about this now!
If you have a client which very much customer oriented and does a lot field work such as proving services as at home such as Instillation, uninstallation, fix/repair/service of the products that company offers, The field service module of dynamics CRM is perfect for them. Hence you have to have knowledge on this module of dynamics CRM.
I am very much excited to start the series and hope so are you.
In the next and very first blog, We will go through the the first main topic “Perform Initial Configuration Steps” from Set up and Configure Field service module.
So, I will see you in the next blog shortly! Make sure you subscribe to my blogs to get notified on next blogs!
I have recently passed MB2-715 Microsoft Dynamics 365 customer engagement Online Deployment Certification. It was really fun preparing for this certification and I achieved a good amount of learning. Therefore I would like give my inputs/Tips on this certification to whoever wants to complete it.
What This Certification Is About?
The purpose of this certification is to understand what it takes to plan, prepare & deploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 365 for your client.
From choosing the right plan , number of license to managing multiple instances. All in All this is for people who would like to Admin a dynamics 365 CRM Online.
What will you get out of it?
Obviously a certification, however more importantly full knowledge of dynamics crm 365 online administration. Most of us are typical CRM developers, we hardly get to see how the CRM is being managed, pricing, licensing etc. This certification is a great opportunity to expand your horizon.
How to Schedule the exam ?
Well, you have to go to learning page of microsoft dynamics crm and explore the certification or directly : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-mb2-715.aspx
it will ask you to chose the date , nearest center where you give exam or even online if you wish to. Finally once you have paid the amount, you are all set.!
Finally, How did I prepare and pass the exam?
I actually selected multiple sources from where i can learn which i would suggest you to take depending on your convenience.
- Microsoft DLP Course : 81071AE (provided you have access)
- Course from Udemy by Abhay Sharma : https://www.udemy.com/mb2-715-certification-preparation-course-with-exam-notes/ ( Its a very reasonable course which you can purchase and start preparing. The course is designed really well and Abhay who is the instructor has done a great job)
- Follow Neil Parkhurst blog : https://neilparkhurst.com/category/crm/crm-certifications/mb2-715-dynamics-365-customer-engagement-online-deployment/ ( He has created a series of blogs explaining tips and topics involved in this certification.)
That’s all from me. I wish you all the very best for the exam. Please let me know how it goes!
guidance from a champ
I have been completing a series of posts to help people prepare for the MB2-715 certification (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Online Deployment). Here is a collection of links to all of those posts. I hope these might serve as a useful revision aid for the MB2-715 exam.
The MB2-715 certification is not easy! But deployment is an important topic and one you will really enjoy learning about.
In my opinion the MB2-715 differs slightly in its style to some of the other certifications such as MB2-716 (customization). As its scope contains some topics that are possibly more theoretical, such as how plan for updates or understanding the licensing options. But even so, I still encourage everyone to try as many of the features discussed hands on. Do not rely on theory alone!
Create a Customer Organizational Structure
Support the Microsoft Dynamics 365 client environment
- Validate minimum browser requirements…
View original post 501 more words
It is the most difficult and interesting crm certification i have come across.
i am going to give you some tips and sample questions that you can expect.
- understand the CRM sales process : https://crmbook.powerobjects.com/basics/microsoft-dynamics-365-sales-process/
- guidance from a champion : https://neilparkhurst.com/2016/03/28/mb2-713-certification-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2016-sales/
- finally some sample questions:
1.Your Dynamics CRM organization uses Microsoft Yammer.
You plan in enable integration with Yammer to replace the default CRM activity feeds.
You need to identify which security rights are required to enable the integration.
Which two security rights should you identify? Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
A. Dynamics CRM administrator
B. Dynamics CRM System Customizer
C. Yammer administrator
D. Microsoft SharePoint administrator
E. Microsoft Office 365 administrator
2. You Open the My Open Opportunities view,
You need to export the data in the view, and then to reimport the data so that the existing records are
What should you do?
A. Export the data as a dynamic Pivot Fable.
B. Export the data as a Static worksheet.
C. Export the data and select the Make available for re-import option.
D. Export the data as a dynamic worksheet
Answer : B
3.You have a recalled product that should no longer be sold.
You need to remove the. Product from the available list of products and to prevent any sales from being
processed for the product.
Which two actions should you perform? Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
A. Remove the product from the family hierarchy.
B. Modify the open opportunities.
C. Update the price list.
D. Retire the product.
E. Modify the validity date of the product.
4.You have an existing customer named customer1.
You have a new add-on product for an existing product that you sell.
You want to offer the add-on product to a customer who has purchased the existing product already.
You need to track the sales initiative in Dynamics CRM.
What should you do?
A. Update the original opportunity record.
B. Create a new opportunity record for the new offering.
C. Create a sub-account for the new offering.
D. Reopen the original opportunity record.
Answer : B
5.Your marketing team is promoting a sale that they will announce by using email. The email message will
be sent to existing customers who recently purchased similar products and to potential customers from
a purchased mailing list.
Any sales made as a result of the sale need to have the pricing applied, the sales must be tracked so that
the marketing team can report on the return on investment (ROl) of the initiative.
What are two possible ways to achieve the goal? Each correct answer presents a complete solution.
A. Convert the email activities to leads.
B. Convert the campaign response activities to opportunities.
C. Convert the campaign response activities to leads.
D. Convert the email activities to opportunities.
Answer : BD
6.You have a Dynamics CRM organization that has several currencies enabled. What occurs when a user
creates a record that has a currency field?
A. The currency is based on the sales territory of the user.
B. The currency is based on the location of the user record.
C. The currency is converted into the base currency and is always displayed in the base currency
D. The system default currency is the record default, unless a customer has a default currency
Answer : D
7.You company employs consultants who bill customers for their time.
You sales team is responsible for selling the consultants time, in addition to selling product licenses.
You need to provide the sales team with the ability to create opportunities, quotes, and invoices for the
What should you create first?
A. a product family
B. a price list
C. a product bundle
D. a unit group
8.Your company plans to deploy Dynamics CRM.
In the previous sales database, you did not track products
Members of the management team are evaluating whether to use the product catalog in the CRM
organization. You need to identify which enhancements to the sales flow can be achieved by using the
product catalog. What are two possible enhancements that you can identity? Each correct answer
presents a complete solution.
A. inventory management integration
B. automated sales pipeline velocity tracking
C. automated revenue calculation
D. automated quotes, orders, and invoicing
9.Your company has a Dynamics CRM organization.
The company plans to use the product catalog.
You need to identify which component must be configured before you can implement the product
A. product families
C. price lists
D. unit groups
Answer : D
10.You need to identify which type of object can be associated to sales territories. Which type of object
should you identify?
Answer : B
Hope this helps
you can write to me @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any support.
Hi Guys, I have recently passed MB2-716 ; hence thought putting some sample questions and tips on the this exam.
Hope fully it helps :
Which two series aggregate functions are only available on numeric field data types? Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
- Count: Non-empty
B. Count: All
Which of the following chart types can be configured as an organization-owned chart but not as a user owned chart?
- bar and line
B. tag or doughnut
C. line and multi-series
D. area and funnel
You are implementing a Lead to Quote business process. The process will update the Lead. Account Contact, and Quote entities. You need to create a business process flow (BPF) that spans the entities.
What should you do?
- For each stage, specify the step.
B. Add a workflow.
C. Use a composition.
D. Add a stage and specify the properties for each entity.
You need to create a business process flow (BPF) that spans multiple entities. Which of the following statements is true?
- You can use entities that have N:N relationships.
B. The same entity cannot be used twice.
C. Relationships must exist between entities.
D. You can include a maximum of five entities.
BPF can have 1: N Relationship, we can add same entity in different stages. Relationship is recommended between entities but can be set as None.
You create a business rule for the Account entity.
The business rule must nin when you import account records. Which two conditions must be true? Each correct answer presents a complete solution.
- The scope was set to Entity.
B. The scope was set to Account.
C. A business rule is active.
D. A business rule snapshot was successful.
You are implementing a new business process.
The system must send a notification to the manager 24 hours after an opportunity Is created based on the date of the next best action.
Which type of workflow should you implement?
- synchronous workflow
B. asynchronous workflow
C. Microsoft Dynamics 365 dialogs
D. business process flow (BPF)
You create a business rule for the Case entity and set the scope to Case (form). Which action will cause the business rule to run?
- The form loads.
B. An asynchronous workflow updates the record.
C. An asynchronous workflow creates a record.
D. The record is saved.
Which action can you perform by using a business rule?
- Subtract $5.00 from a currency field.
B. Clear a two options field.
C. Concatenate two text fields.
D. Add six days to a date field.
You create a workflow and set the scope to User (default). User A owns the workflow. User B is making bulk changes on records that will trigger the workflow. Which records will this workflow affect?
- records owned by users in the same business unit as User B
B. records owned by User A
C. records owned by User B
D. records owned by either User A or User B
You are a subject matter expert for an insurance company. You have a complex business method that is used for settling and releasing claims.
You need to create a process in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to assist team members with the claims settlement process. You must limit this process to team members that have a specific security role.
What should you implement?
- business process flow (BPF)
C. custom actions
please leave a comment or mail me at email@example.com for any question.